Below please find complete details about SBIRT and how to access these resources. Our primary care partners that are Integrating Primary Care with Behavioral Health can report on their participation in any of these trainings through metric PM024 in their Phase 2 Comprehensive Schedule B.
SBIRT Technical Assistance OpportunityWhat is SBIRT (Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment)?
SBIRT is an evidence-based approach to identifying patients who use alcohol and other drugs at risky levels with the goal of reducing and preventing related health consequences, disease, accidents and injuries. Risky substance use is a health issue and often goes undetected. For more information on SBIRT please visit https://www.oasas.ny.gov/AdMed/sbirt/index.cfm and watch the following video:
What resources are available for SBIRT implementation?
NYS OASAS has a time-limited technical assistance opportunity for hands-on, intensive consultation, guidance, and training to emergency departments, primary care practices, and other health delivery practitioners implementing SBIRT across New York State. Technical assistance supports various stages of implementation and includes:
- Advice and guidance on all aspects of readiness and practice implementation using OASAS resources and based on best practices;
- education and training on SBIRT;
- on-site implementation support, as needed.
NYS OASAS aims to advise individual sites in becoming fully operational and sustainable by:
- Identifying barriers to implementation;
- identifying strategies to overcome barriers;
- assessing current workflows and assisting in reconfiguration;
- creating and reviewing process maps;
- gauging readiness;
- and developing individualized project management tools such as project timelines & work plans.
To request OASAS SBIRT technical assistance and/or training, email SBIRTNY@oasas.ny.gov